At the January 26 Board Meeting, Interim General Manager, John Paul, presented some of the HSVPOA 2021 Annual Accomplishments. Below are some highlights. For a more detailed list, see the pdf below.
- The Payroll Protection Program loan was forgiven. The Accounting Department did a very good job in getting this done in a timely manner.
- Food and Beverage losses were reduced by more than $350,000 compared to 2020.
- Renovation of the Balboa Club with minimal expense.
- The Golf Department and the Discovery Operations were moved to the Balboa Club, which freed up much-needed space in the Administration Building.
- We have a new restaurant vendor in the Balboa Club. Click here to read more about this.
- Gate Security has been targeted. A new fast-arm gate will soon be used in the right lane at the East Gate. Balboa will be the test site for the fast-arm gates before they are installed at other locations. Paul said, “We think we can cut down massively on the tailgating, if not eliminate it.”
- The ability to pull over and then tailgate through Balboa and Danville Gates has been removed.
- “The first phases of the Lot Strategy Plan have been implemented. Click here to read about the purchase of the 2,115 lots from the Commissioner of State Lands. We have developed a long-term strategy and policy towards lot acquisition and suspension. We are also currently grouping some lots so we can market neighborhoods to developers. We have seen tremendous interest in this, moving into 2022.”
- We raised $125,000 at an equipment auction.
- Staff worked closely with Board Directors and FRATF to develop the 7-year O & M Budget, as required for essential operations moving forward so that we can make plans for the future.
- An assessment increase was passed. This will be phased in over a three-year period.
- The Accounting Department applied for and received rebates in the amount of $57,000.
- Higher Golf Numbers.
HSVPOA 2021 Annual Accomplishments7_2021_Annual_Accomplishments
By Cheryl Dowden, January 27, 2022
✺ ✺ ✺ ✺ ✺
Thank you for reading. If you like, please comment below; we love to hear your opinion. Thank you for keeping the comments polite and on topic. Please use your real name. If you are an HSV Property Owner, please join us in our private Facebook Group. Click here to join the group. If you would like to submit an article for publication, please contact us through this website. Be sure to bookmark this website.