What is before the property owners of HSV currently is a historical problem. Most of us here in HSV were raised during a time when American Patriotism was very high. We were taught to be respectful of our country and all the sacrifices of the many generations of our ancestors that built it. One of the cries of the people who formed our nation was, “No Taxation Without Representation.”
I see many similarities in our situation here in HSV. We do not want to pay into a system that is not honest, open, and transparent with us and a leadership that does not respond to the will of the very people whom they are obligated to represent.
I will NOT vote for all these future increases and vague promises as to what will be done with the money. I’m sorry, but my trust quotient for our governance of the Village is on a par with my trust quotient for our nation’s powers-that-be… which is zero.
If the FRATF and our leaders wish for a favorable vote from me on an assessment increase, you are going to have to provide me with assurances of several things:
- What, specifically, the money will be used for, and when that project will be completed. In writing and well-publicized and recorded publicly in an enforceable way.
- Any contractors involved are above reproach and have a successful track record… and this has been verified! Verifying proof must be made well public – not hidden behind a wall of subterfuge and red tape.
- There is a binding contract in writing which specifies the work to be done as well as the expected lifespan of the work, required maintenance involved, and a meaningful and enforceable WARRANTY on that work.
- NO MORE BLANK CHECKS.
- NO MORE VAGUE DATA.
- NO MORE LACK OF TRANSPARENCY.
- NO MORE UNENFORCEABLE PROMISES.
- NO MORE PORK BELLY SALARIES AND BENEFITS PACKAGES AT THE TOP END OF POA MANAGEMENT.
The POA’s history of fiscal irresponsibility and untrustworthiness speaks for itself and I intend to learn from it.
I certainly have NO intention of voting for 5 increases… and I own more than one property in HSV. The very most I would expect to be asked to vote for is ONE increase. We’ve been down this road before and recently… sell a vote based on the need for infrastructure repair, with accompanying biased infographics and scare tactics, then blow it all on fripperies like the failed CMP and padding for the top POA management, AND IGNORE THE INFRASTRUCTURE REPAIRS.
Even as this whole Village is in an uproar over finances and infrastructure, we now have a new archery facility and new trash trucks and trashcans! Was this fiscally prudent and responsible? If so, prove it.
I respectfully request that I not be sent a scripted, vague, generic response. My email to you is personal and important and human courtesy and your job descriptions demand you respond in kind.
Missy Masterson Hale, August 24, 2021
* * *
Thank you for reading. If you like, please comment below. We love to hear your opinion, but comments must be made using your first and last real name, or they will not be accepted. If you would like to submit an article for publication, please contact us through this website. Be sure to bookmark this website. Click here to visit the Hot Springs Village People Facebook Group.