AD HOC COMMITTEE FORMED FOR LAND STUDY
What we already know
CCI Reserve Property is for sale and the HSVPOA Board has formed an Ad Hoc Land Evaluation Committee to determine which, if any of the parcels of land the POA may be interested in acquiring.
Who is on the committee?
The ad hoc committee consists of one representative from each of the POA Committees except Golf & ACC. The Committee Members are:
- Jeff Lofgren, Chair (Finance and Planning Committee)
- Janet Rowe, Vice-chair (Trails Committee)
- Karen Crowson, Secretary (Governmental Affairs Committee)
- Max Billingsley (Common Property, Forestry, and Wildlife Committee)
- Mark Quinton (Parks and Recreation Committee)
- Thomas Gale Smith (Public Services Committee)
- Concetta Dixon (Lakes Committee)
- Robert (Bob) McLeod (HSVPOA Board Member)
What has the committee accomplished so far?
- Elected officers
- Formulated a plan on how to tackle this big job
- Started developing criteria for evaluating the parcels as they want to be objective-based
- Started to develop an outreach list to identify potential financial sources
- Gained access to the GIS system to look at the parcels and their relationship to existing POA amenities and infrastructure
- Set an agenda with public meetings every 2 weeks starting on Thursday 14 April.
- Went on two field trips (April 6 and 7) to view all the CCI properties available for sale
- Committee Member, Mark Quinton, has agreed to handle the emails from Property Owners
The first meeting is Thursday, April 14, at 1:00 PM at the Ponce de Leon Center. Future meeting dates will be announced in the Weekly Digest. Property owners are welcome to attend the meetings and an email box is being created for input to the committee. Email [email protected] with your comments and input.
Cheryl Dowden, Hot Springs Village Gazette, April 9, 2022
* * *
We are glad you dropped in to visit Hot Springs Village People Gazette. If you like, please comment below; we love to hear your opinions. Thank you for keeping the comments polite and on topic. Please use your first and last real name. We promote local businesses, events, and organizations! Let us know if we can help. We also accept opinion pieces and articles from guest authors. We can be contacted through this website; just click the contact button and let us know what’s on your mind. Be sure to bookmark this site and come back to visit with us often as our content is frequently changing. If you are an HSV Property Owner, click here to visit and join a private Facebook Group.