If Elected to the HSV Board of Directors
My promise to you, if I am elected to the HSV Board of Directors, I will listen to the people. My platform is based on what I believe the concerns of the people to be now. I believe the vote against the amendments spoke to two different issues.
1. I believe the vote no was in part because the majority do not like the direction the CMP is taking the village. I will work toward stopping the implementation of the CMP. I would like to see a plan to market the village as it and not bring in more restaurants, motels, shopping centers, etc.
2. I believe the vote was a vote of no confidence in our leadership. Without being critical of anyone, I believe we should look for a new CEO, which will be a step toward villagers again trusting the leadership.
3. We must stop spending large sums of money unnecessarily.
4. With multiplied millions in deferred maintenance, we must begin to do necessary maintenance and repair our infrastructure.
5. I would like to see the HSV Board of Directors work toward a
6. I would like to see salaries reviewed and put in line with what is reasonable for a village such as ours.
7. I would like to see fewer executive board meetings. Executive board meetings should be limited to disciplinary matters and legal matters that can’t be made public.
8. I would like to see HSV Board of Directors meetings with open discussions in order to hear from the villagers. Board meetings I have attended seem more as we have been given a privilege to attend rather than our right to attend. I lean more toward a board of advisors who bring
9. I would like to take a look at the two-tier system and see if it should and could be changed. I am not sure if the old system was
11. I believe the villagers must stay involved in the village matters. Even the best of HSV Board members, with the best of intentions, without the people’s
Check out my Facebook Group:
A little more insight into me.
Stephen Rust, HSV BOD Candidate
Since moving to the Village and learning of the problems, everything I have researched, studied, posted, everything I have done, am doing now (including running for the board), and will do, is for one main goal and that is to make Hot Springs Village successful. When my wife and I bought our house and moved here we did so to live out our retirement years. You see in our 44 1/2 years of marriage, we have moved about 20 times, following my jobs. When we unloaded our moving truck we did so with the idea of never packing another moving box. I hope to be making some very practical commonsense posts very soon. I’m not planning a secret campaign strategy to reveal later to try and assure that I get a board seat. If I get elected to the HSV Board of Directors and can use that to help HSV be successful, great. If I don’t get elected, but my input helps to get people thinking a makes the village successful, great. If either of these two ways keeps HSV on the right track, I count that as a win-win situation. My wife has also been very involved in this entire process. Again I welcome all comments and questions.
I appreciate your support in my endeavor to become your next
Hot Springs Village Board Director.